Yes, PowerLogic Systems Do
September 29, 2004
Square D offers PowerLogic Engineered Solutions to baseline usage trends, allocate costs and monitor WAGES (Water, Air, Gas, Electric, Steam). Bill Buettner, Manager of PowerLogic Engineered Solutions and Custom Software explains "many companies are looking for ways to monitor all of their utilities in addition to power management. We call it WAGES which is an acronym for Water, Air, Gas, Electric and Steam monitoring."
Whether due to environmental regulations, needing to improve product quality and productivity or simply trying to remain economically competitive in the global marketplace, energy managers are searching for answers. Buettner says "most energy managers that Square D has been working with typically ask the same questions. They want to know how energy is being used in their facility, how much does it cost, what are the trade-offs between using electricity opposed to natural gas, and what and when is the peak demand occurring. Basically, it comes down to how to fairly allocate costs and understand usage patterns to make informed purchasing decisions."
The PowerLogic system is primarily a power monitoring system that delivers extensive electrical information and piped utility information within a single system. The information delivered by a PowerLogic System compliments traditional Building Management Systems which primarily function as real time control systems.
click here for more info
- Usage trends: So energy managers can determine $/Million BTU and decide which is the most economical source for heating/cooling and operating their facility to hold down overall utility costs
- Cost allocation: By collecting interval utility metering from all utilities, energy managers can understand the real cost to manufacture a part or operate each and allocate costs by department or cost center
- Real time displays/Alarm status for utilities and power quality: Aid plant engineers and energy managers in:
- Reducing Utility Costs
- Optimizing Equipment Utilization and
- Improving System Reliability to achieve maximum savings.