Announcing System Manager Professional Version 4.0
May 23, 2005
The Power Management division of Schneider Electric announced today that its PowerLogic® System Manager Professional Software Version 4.0 (English language version) is expected to begin shipping in June.
The new high-end of the System Manager 4.0 product line, SMS Professional replaces the System Manager 3000 and Websuite software products. Customers with a valid Priority Technical Support agreement will receive the SMS Professional upgrade product at no charge.
Phil Rector, System Manager Software Product Manager, commented, "With the release of SMS Professional, Internet Explorer now becomes the window into the vast amount of power and energy information provided by SMS. Customers no longer have to purchase, install, and maintain client software on multiple PCs. SMS Pro provides secure access to information from the PowerLogic system using the browser that's already installed on the PC."
Designed for enterprise monitoring and large systems, SMS Professional provides the following:
- Access to real-time and historical information from a PowerLogic system using Internet Explorer.
- Easy-to-use PowerLogicWeb Interface; the same no-training-required interface that is used on PowerLogic Power Servers, and the System Manager DL and System Manager Standard products
- License for ten simultaneous PowerLogic Web connections with an option to purchase more
- Full Microsoft SQL Server 2000 database to handle the data storage requirements of large systems
- New device support features and other enhancements including:
- New Shift Energy tables for displaying the data from CM3, CM4, and PM8 onboard shift energy cost logs
- New Uptime Summary table for displaying the data from CM3 and CM4 "Number of Nines/Percent Uptime" log
- New Multiple Device "drag and drop" Setup feature that reduces configuration time
- New and modified tables in support of Sepam Relays
- Support for single-phase system types in PM8 meters
- Support for Advanced Power quality features in PM8 meters
- New "Info" tabs added to SMS tables with explanatory text and instructions
- Enhancements to improve system performance for large systems
A Service Update 1 for System Manager DL 4.0 and System Manager Standard 4.0 is also planned for release in June. The service update includes the device support features and other enhancements described above. DL and Standard 4.0 customers, with a current Priority Technical Support agreement, will automatically receive the Service Update 1 CDs in the mail. Non-priority-support customers may download the Service Update (when available) from the downloads area of the powerlogic.com website.