January 2008 IMPORTANT: You must have ION Enterprise 5.6 already installed on your machine before attempting to install Service Pack 1 (SP1).
Note on Service Packs: ION Enterprise Service Packs must be applied to all machines in your ION Enterprise network, including all primary, secondary, client machines, and database servers, for the improvements to be effective.
Service Pack 1 adds support for the following new devices:
- PM200 Series PM210 (available with PowerLogic High Density Metering Enclosures)
- PM800 Series PM820 PM850 PM870
- Micrologic Trip Units Type A Type P Type H
- CM3000 and CM4000 Series CM3000 series and CM4000 series is available to a level comparable to the PM870. A number of those meter?s advanced features are not supported.
- Mapping of all relevant device measurements into ION Enterprise
- A set of default Vista diagrams for each device type
- The ability to use default Reporter reports with these new devices
ION Enterprise can not be used to configure or to upgrade firmware for any of these devices. Configuration for the PM/CM series devices requires the PowerLogic Meter Configuration Utility (PMCU), which will be included on the ION Enterprise 5.6 Service Pack 1 CD and will also be available for download here: PMCU
The firmware upgrade utility for the PM/CM series is called DLF-3000 and is available for download here:Firmware Upgrade Utility
Review the PowerLogic Device Support in ION Enterprise 5.6 Service Pack 1
Technical Note for information about how to set up the PowerLogic PM series devices, CM series devices and MicroLogic trip units, for use with ION Enterprise. Service Pack 1 also includes support for the new firmware release (v350) for the ION 7550/7650 devices:
- New Vista Diagrams
- New Designer node diagrams